Health & Safety Training Package
Title: “Health & Safety Executive”
Duration: 3-4 Hours
This Health & Safety training pack is perfect for any individual or business that wants cost-effective compliance training. The training pack includes two of our popular courses, Awareness of Health and Safety at Work and Fire Safety.
According to the Health and Safety Executive, in 2015/16 30.4 million working days were lost due to self-reported work-related illness or injury. By giving employees good Health and Safety training, you reduce the risk of workplace accidents and adhere to your legal obligation of preventing accidents in the workplace.
The Awareness of Health and Safety at Work course demonstrates the key principles of workplace health and safety, emphasized the importance of risk assessment and outlines incident reporting and communication.
- Understand the key principles of health and safety at work
- Recognize the importance of risk assessment to Health and Safety and how it is undertaken
- Be able to outline accident and incident investigation and reporting best practice
- Be able to communicate health and safety information clearly
- Recognize common health and safety hazards and how they can be controlled.
- Understand the key legislation involving fire safety
- Understand the legal requirements for workplace safety
- Understand the "Fire Triangle" and how it may be used
- Know how to react in a fire and understand the different warning systems
- Understand the importance of an evacuation plan and key evacuation legislation
- Understand the different types of fire and what the causes maybe
- Understand which type of fire extinguishers to use
- Be able to take steps to minimize the risk of a fire occurring.
Food & Safety
Title: “Food Hygiene & Safety Level 1 & 2”
This food hygiene safety course covers everything you need to know to become a qualified, competent professional in your field, with step-by-step guidance on how to identify food hazards in the workplace. You will learn about food microbiology, hazard control, food poisoning prevention, personal hygiene, and much more.
By the end of the course, you will have the skills and practical knowledge to apply the best practice guidelines learned in this course to implement an effective food hygiene management system for your workplace. You will also have the credentials to effectively train others on how to maintain a safe system of work that incorporates HACCP control measures.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of food safety law and legislation in the UK
- Identify the different types of food bacteria and microbiological hazards
- Implement a solid HACCP system in the workplace
- Control the risk of food contamination in the workplace by taking appropriate measures
- Prepare, store, refrigerate, freeze and serve food in accordance with food hygiene guidelines
- Understand the different types of food-borne illnesses and their causes
- Maintain an excellent standard of personal hygiene in the workplace
- Accurately check, verify and record food temperatures
- Effectively train other employees about food safety and hygiene management
- Keep food surfaces and the premises clean, with knowledge of how to use professional cleaning equipment
Level 1 Food Hygiene and Safety
- Module 01: Introduction to Food Hygiene Legislation and Food-borne Illness
- Module 02: Types of Food Safety Hazards
- Module 03: Hazard Control Measures and Refrigeration
- Module 04: Food Handlers Personal Hygiene
- Module 05: Cleaning and Disinfection
Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety
- Module 1: Introduction to Food Safety and the Law
- Module 2: Bacteria and Microbiological Hazards
- Module 3: Physical, Chemical and Allergenic Hazards
- Module 4: Food Poisoning and Control Measures
- Module 5: Food Spoilage and Food Storage
- Module 6: Personal Hygiene
- Module 7: HACCP and Food Premises
This course applies to all food handlers in the food, catering and hospitality sector, from aspiring professionals to managers and supervisors. This includes:
- Kitchen Supervisors
- Catering Assistant
- Food Safety & Hygiene Manager
- Pastry Chef
- Waiting Staff
Essential Chef Training
Title “Essential Chef Training”
Duration: 10-12 Hours
Gain trendy and precious skills to establish your presence in the food industry. Get trained with the industry expert and equip yourself with essential skills to create a demand in the market as a chef. Get incredible insights and advance your career in days.
- What you can learn from TV cooking shows
- Basic cooking techniques
- Essential chef skills
- Working as a professional chef
- The tools you need to be a better cook
- Giving and receiving effective feedback
- Develop your knife skills
- Healthy cooking
- Presentation skills for home cooking
- Identifying your specialty
- Choosing a cooking class
- Going professional with your cooking
- Professional kitchen expertise
- Where to find the best recipes
- Developing your career as a chef
- Working in a professional kitchen environment
- Matching spices
- The realities of being a professional chef
Title “Professional Bartender Certificate”
Duration: 4-6 Hours
Whether you work in a local pub or a vibrant and busy city bar, our Professional Bartender Course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to establish and manage a successful bar. Students will explore topics such as different alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages as well as learning about best practice when it comes to presentation and delivering great customer service.
Our Bartending Course is broken down into three easy to follow modules:
Within this introductory module, you will learn the role of the bartender and the characteristics and traits needed to be successful. Secondly, you will be introduced to several tools you will encounter on a daily basis, along with the ways in which to use them effectively. Finally, you will be introduced to techniques you can use in order to set up your bar to ensure a smooth operation and above all to maximum sales.
Professional bartenders are expected to demonstrate detailed knowledge about the drinks that they create. This module will introduce you to some of the common types of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages which are commonly prepared and served by bartenders
The final module in this course will cover the importance of health and safety. This module highlights the importance of both personal and professional hygiene and why it is essential to keep the bar area clean, tidy, and well presented at all times. You will also learn about various mixers and garnishes you will use along with the terminology you will encounter in a professional environment.
Title “Professional Waiter Certificate”
Duration: 4-6 Hours
The Professional Waiter course allows you to obtain the necessary practical skills and theoretical knowledge to deliver customer service which is second to none.
Being a professional waiter is all about delivering exceptional customer service and possessing a unique balance of skills, knowledge and expertise. The front of house team play a crucial role in the operations of a restaurant and the waiters role involves much more than simply taking orders and serving meals. Through our expert training, you will not only learn the main attributes that a professional waiter needs, but also the tools and techniques required to deliver exceptional standards of service, from managing customer expectations through to demonstrating your product knowledge and selecting the right cutlery and glassware. Polish your skills and deliver with poise and professionalism in any front of house role.
The course is divided into 5 easy to follow modules which consist of:
Begin the course by exploring the typical duties and responsibilities of a waiter along with the equipment that they will need to use and the different types of restaurant terminology. The remaining sections of the module will look at the importance of personal appearance and consistently delivering exceptional customer service.
In the second module of this course, you will learn how to prepare tables and prepare your workstation. Knowing how to properly set a table is important and this module will teach you the various settings for informal and formal events.
Understand what is meant by an order of service and how it should follow in a typical restaurant setting. The module will then progress on to discussing order management including how to take and process orders correctly.
Discover best practice when it comes to serving customers including carrying plates, using a tray and attending to customers before, during and after their meal.
Product knowledge is crucial for a professional waiter. In the final module of this course, you will learn about the various products that waiters serve to customers.
Who Is the Course Suitable For?
- Our courses have been written to suit anyone at any level including;
- Those with little knowledge of the hospitality sector
- Experienced waiters who would like to enhance their skills and knowledge
- Individuals seeking new employment in the hospitality sector
- Baristas or bartenders who wish to develop a new set of skills