International students who choose to study in the United Kingdom can enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- World-Class Education: The UK has a reputation for providing high-quality education, with many of its universities consistently ranking among the best in the world. International students can choose from a wide range of courses and programs, including undergraduate, postgraduate, and research degrees.
- Global Recognition: UK qualifications are recognized and respected globally, providing international students with a valuable asset for their future careers.
- Cultural Diversity: The UK is a multicultural society, welcoming people from all over the world. International students can experience a rich blend of cultures, learn about different perspectives, and build cross-cultural relationships.
- Research Opportunities: UK universities are renowned for their research capabilities, providing international students with the opportunity to engage in groundbreaking research projects, work with leading academics, and contribute to new discoveries.
- Work Opportunities: International students are allowed to work part-time (up to 20 hours per week) during term-time and full-time during vacation periods in the UK. This can help students gain valuable work experience, earn money, and improve their employability after graduation.
- Internship and Placement Opportunities: Many UK universities offer internship and placement programs, providing students with valuable work experience in their chosen field of study.
- Language Skills: Studying in the UK provides an opportunity for international students to improve their English language skills, which is a valuable asset in today’s global job market.
- Historical and Cultural Heritage: The UK is steeped in history and culture, offering international students the opportunity to visit historic landmarks, museums, art galleries, and cultural events.
- Student Support Services: UK universities offer a range of support services for international students, including orientation programs, academic support, health and wellbeing services, and career advice.
- Post-Study Work Opportunities: The UK offers a post-study work visa for international students who have completed a degree in the UK, providing them with an opportunity to gain work experience and contribute to the UK economy.
In summary, international students in the UK benefit from a world-class education, cultural diversity, research opportunities, work experience, language skills, historical and cultural heritage, student support services, and post-study work opportunities. These advantages make the UK an attractive destination for students seeking a comprehensive and globally recognized educational experience.
Being home to four beautiful and liveable countries – England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland, the UK is one of the most popular international study destinations for Malaysian students.
The advantages of studying in the UK are limitless as it is undoubtedly one of the top destinations to study abroad. Reportedly, 90 UK universities have been ranked in the QS World University Rankings 2021. So for such a small landmass, the UK certainly has a strong concentration of university-level education.
The Universities in the UK provide fantastic benefits to students coming beyond borders. The Quality Assurance Agency (QAA), an independent body functions exclusively to set, monitor, and safeguard the quality of higher education in the UK. Hence, without a doubt, students in UK universities will benefit from cutting-edge infrastructure, research laboratories, better employability, and guidance to prepare them for a successful career.
If you study in the UK, be it the foundation, college, undergraduate, or postgraduate level, you will experience a vibrant multicultural life, from music, festivals, arts, food, football matches, ancient castles to modern cities along with quality education. Not just that, the UK can be your gateway to Europe, where another 40 countries await you.
In addition, with the new Graduate Route, international students who study in the UK will be able to stay in the UK and work or look for work, at any skill level for two years after graduation. From summer 2021, the Graduate Route is available to international students who successfully complete their degree at undergraduate level or above at a UK Higher Education Provider with a track record of compliance.
|Intakes:||January, April*, September, November*|
*Usually for pathway programmes
|Application Deadline:||By Dec (Jan Intake)|
By Mar (Apr Intake)
By Aug (Sept & Nov Intake)
|Entry Requirement:||O-levels or N-levels (accepted by some institutions)|
|Duration:||1 Year Full-time|
|English Requirement:||O level English or equivalent|
Average Range from £16,000 ~ £18,000
*Subject to University & Course
|Scholarships:||Range from £1,000 ~ £6,000 (*T&C Apply)|
|Pre-U Progression:||Most pathways providers are tied to dedicated universities. Consult us for more insights.|
The average cost of living in the UK for international students is around £10,000 – £15,000 per year. However, income from work will help to reduce your expenses while studying in the UK as you can work part-time during the semester for 20 hours per week and work full-time during semester break.
Students who study in the UK and wish to take up part-time jobs while pursuing their degree can work up to 20 hours per week during term time and full time on holidays. Popular off-campus and on-campus jobs options available for international students are being a receptionist, waiter/waitress, contact center maintenance, library, computer laboratories, receptions, gyms, cafeterias, and other areas.
Though most of the universities in the UK expect students to provide IELTS test scores to be eligible, it is not mandatory in a few institutions. Instead, students are expected to provide equivalent proof such as Secure English Language Test (SELT) mandated by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI), or you are eligible if you have pursued English as your undergraduate major or if you have secured 70% in English in your high school education.
Students from more than 100 countries choose to study in the UK because of the highly ranked and globally acclaimed courses. The expense of studying in the UK is approximately £11,000 – £40,000 per year, depending on the program and university you enroll.
The requirements to study in the UK for international students vary depending on the university and courses you choose. However, all universities or institutions require proof of English proficiency test taken such as like International English Language Testing System, or IELTS, Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic).